At AIO we have some most common procedures that we perform for every type of cancers. We have the best surgeonâ€™s available for every specialty expertise in that particular surgery. A name of few procedures have been mentioned below or else the list can be endless.
Modified radical mastectomy: removal of entire breast along with draining axillary nodes. Breast conservation surgery: removal of the breast lump and axillary nodes.
Head & Neck
- Commando: removal of oral cavity primary with or without involved mandible with draining neck nodes.
- Maxillectomy: removal of the upper hard palate affected with cancer.
- Thyroidectomy: removal of malignant thyroid gland i.e. Both lobes with removal of affected nodes.
- Parotidectomy: removal of the affected parotid gland.
- Laser excisions for head and neck tumors (buccal mucosa, laryngeal tumors).
- Total laryngectomy: removal of the entire larynx(voice box).
Gastrointestinal & Abdomen Cancer
- Total 3 field radical esophagectomy/partial esophagectomy: removal of the entire esopahgus and replaced with gastric tube.
- Total/partial radical Gastrectomy: removal of the entire stomach or proximal stomach in case of Gastroesophageal junction tumor or distal in case of pyloric tumor.
- Right/left hemicolectomy: rt or lt colonic resection.
- Anterior resection: resection of the lower gi tract(sigmoid and upper rectal cancer).
- Abdominoperineal resection : in anal canaal and lower rectal cancer when anal sphincter cannot be preserved.
- Whipple’s operation (pancreatoduodenectomy): for cancer pancreatic head, lower common bile duct and duodenum 2nd part.
- Radical cholecystectomy: removal of the gall bladder and draing portal nodes and adjacent liver wedge.
- Radical hysterectomy in case of cancer endometrium and cancer cervix. Involves removal of uterus with or without ovaries along with pelvic +/- paraaortic nodes.
- Cytoreductive surgery for ovarian cancer: tah+bso+omentectomy+pelvic node dissection.
- High inguinal orchidectomy in case of cancer testis.
- Radical/Partial Nephrectomy: in Renal cancer , removal of the affected kidney or entire kidney along with the draining nodes with or without inferior Vena cava exploration in case of tumor thrombus.
- Radical Cystectomy: partial or complete removal of the bladder along with reconstruction of the bladder or permanent ureterostomy.
- Radical prostatectomy.
Lobectomy for lung cancer: removal of single or two lobes in affected lung. May require sleeve resection of the bronchus or pulmonary vessels to achieve oncological clearance.
Soft tissue sarcoma / skin cancers – limb preserving surgery/limb amputation.
Reconstructive surgery – after head and neck, breast, skin tumour excisions.